November 19, 2009

Carrying Out My GAME Plan: Taking Action

My intended learning strategy would be to search, locate, read and use models (or samples) to acquire as much knowledge as I can through both the internet and colleagues. I also think that I would learn best by trying it out for myself or as the saying goes “just do it” (especially with my first goal).


My goal for my first game plan is to learn more about WebQuests and how to create my own.
Resources I will need to carry out my plan include the following:

  1. Reading information that I find through internet searches about what WebQuests are, what they include and how to create them
  2. Reading information in our course text and other course resources
  3. Samples of existing Webquests that could serve as a model or guide for me
  4. Web sites that will allow me to create my own WebQuest
  5. Colleagues with experience using them/creating them in order to get a quick tutorial and suggestions from them on what I could do

Additional Information I will need includes the following:

  1. HS math unit that I would like to use to make my own
  2. Internet links and resources that I will use inside of WebQuest that I create

Steps I have been able to take so far include the following:

  1. Internet searches about what and how
  2. Located sites where I can create one
  3. None of my “local” colleagues have used them so hopefully some of my colleagues in class will have some suggestions and advice to offer me
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal for my second game plan is to learn more about digital portfolios and how to use them to assess my high school math students.


Resources I will need to carry out my plan include the following:

  1. Reading information that I find through internet searches about digital portfolios
  2. Colleagues that have used them to give me suggestions
  3. Possible web sites that manage digital portfolios

Additional Information I will need includes the following:

  1. HS math curriculum and standards to make decisions on what I could include in a portfolio

Steps I have been able to take so far include the following:
Internet searches

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky,

    WebQuests are a fun way to get students thinking about how education expands beyond textbooks and the classroom. With freedom to explore the great world wide web in search of connections, students and teachers learn from one another the importance of the weaving and embedding of standards and content in the classroom. When students discover their own connections, it is more meaningful, memorable, and better applied in other situations.

    You sure are on the right track!
    Great blog.

    -Tara :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, I am impressed by your organization and steps in place to reach your goals. I am just discovering webquests in the classroom. Last week I guided one of my classes through a search of webquests on an academic interest of their choice. With Altavista.com and the "host" command it was a fairly successful exploratory lesson. I have not gone so far as to look into how to create a webquest of my own. What websites have you found to assist you in creating your own webquest?

    Good Luck, it looks like you are off to a great start.
    Susan Reed

    ReplyDelete