January 11, 2009

Sharing a teacher story ~ I Know the Easter Bunny

As a teacher who works at a school in the same neighborhood that I live in, it is inevitable that I will run into my students everywhere. I am often someplace like the mall and hear someone yelling my name, when I turn around it is one of my students running over to say hello. For some reason, they always seem to find it funny to see you outside of the school building and in "normal" clothes. After my first few years of teaching, I thought that I had gotten used to bumping into my students everywhere I went until one day, I was caught off guard. My son was only 3 months old and I was talking him to have his first picture taken with the Easter Bunny. When it was finally my turn, I leaned over to place my tiny baby in this giant Easter Bunny's hands and was suddenly very concerned how he was going to be able to hold him properly with that giant fake head on, he couldn't even see what he was holding. As I put my son in his arms, I heard, "Hello Mrs. M". I was so surprised--the Easter Bunny knows my name. I was so curious who was in there but I didn't want the other kids on line to hear me asking so I leaned in close and whispered, "Who's in there?". The response I got was, "It's Andrew from math class."

1 comment:

  1. That's a funny story. Thanks for sharing. I can only imagine how surprised you were. I also see my students at the mall and at local restaurants.

    ReplyDelete